Many options exist for straightening your teeth. Invisalign in Victoria BC is the only one that is free of unsightly brackets and wires. Add to that you can eat, work and socialize in every situation free of the worry you might experience with the traditional options. Below we look at some of the reasons Invisalign is the clear choice.
Appearance – Invisalign trays are virtually invisible and will not detract from your appearance making them a great option for adults, teens and young adults alike.
Comfort – Invisalign trays are made of smooth plastic making them much more comfortable to wear without the brackets and wires of traditional braces with their rough edges and sharp wires. Each set of trays is custom made to fit your teeth and mouth.
Improved cleanliness – Invisalign trays are easily removable when it comes time to brush your teeth as well as cleaning the trays themselves, then just pop them back in. The convenience of being able to remove them to brush your teeth and the trays each time results in a much cleaner mouth and teeth when there’s no brackets or wires to deal with.
Saves time – Invisalign often only means a visit to the Orthodontist or Dentists’ office every 6 weeks which is good news for busy folks. Other options can take longer to straighten teeth and require more frequent visits then there’s the inconvenience of broken wires!
Safe and removable – Especially for those who play sports or are in Band Invisalign offers more comfort and free of the scrapes to their mouth of other options. Removable trays means they are more comfortable than other options to straighten teeth.
Eat whatever you want – This is a big one while other options restrict what you can eat, those hard, sticky or chewy foods are off limits. For those choosing Invisalign we say bring on all your favorite foods when you can simply remove them.
Better dental health – Wearing Invisalign trays eliminates the gaps and crowding of teeth making it much easier to care for your teeth during and after treatment. With better dental health there’s the added benefit of better overall health.
Beautiful smile – Beautiful straight teeth are the result of Invisalign treatment and what’s more appealing than a wonderful smile to greet the world.
With all the benefits, comfort and convenience mentioned here isn’t it time to contact West Shore Orthodontics and book a consultation and get started on your way to a beautiful smile!
Post on – http://healthnutbeauty.com
Reasons to Avoid DIY Braces
The information that is readily available makes it possible to search for ways to do almost anything yourself but some you may want to think twice about before attempting. Among them is DIY braces and your Victoria BC Orthodontist says some procedures are best left to the professionals. One of them is the placement of braces below are the reasons why you might not want to attempt this yourself.
A quick glance at the components on some of the DIY braces blogs should set off alarm bells even if a visit to an Orthodontists office is not in your budget. Some of the content on these blogs suggest using the following:
- Orthodoniic wax
- Rubber bands
- Hair elastics
- Dental floss
- Jewelry making bracelet beads
- Paper clips
As you can see most of these items should never be placed in your mouth or be used for DIY braces. Besides being an oral health hazard attempting DIY braces could result in a dental emergency. There are specific reasons why you should never attempt a DIY dental procedure such as braces.
- The teeth you treat are susceptible to moving again
- Make a mistake on the tension applied and you could lose a tooth
- DIY applications could result in improper movement and lead to gum infections
- Only a trained professional has the training to move teeth correctly – a DIY procedure could leave you with unfavorable alterations to the way you speak
- You may initially have good results from your DIY and when time diminishes these results you might be emotionally traumatized
- Saving money might be the reason for trying to perform your own brace procedure but the complications may require costly corrective procedures to restore your oral health
Some people don’t want to wear metal braces luckily there are great options like Invisalign available. Here is an overview of how the Invisalign treatment works, the first step is reaching out to Westshore Orthodontics to book a consultation. Once you’re approved for the procedure the next step is xray images and bite impressions which are sent to make Invisalign trays to your personal specifications. On your next visit a treatment plan is formulated using your custom made set of trays along with a schedule of appointments.
Invisalign offers many benefits over other options such as traditional braces for moving and straightening your teeth. With the ability to remove your trays you can eat the food you enjoy just remove them beforehand. Invisalign trays are made of clear plastic and virtually undetectable and great for your self confidence. The results are faster and less time is spent in visits to your orthodontist. The ability to remove Invisalign trays to brush your teeth and clean the trays properly and the easy access to your teeth and gums makes maintaining your normal hygiene routine easier. Why not book a consultation with Westshore Orthodontics today.
Post on – http://wonhealthy.com/
How Mold Growth Can Affect Your Health
Recent winter storms have wreaked havoc on many homes and businesses in many areas of the country. Even home and business owners who have never had issues from these storms have experienced damage from water penetrating their homes or businesses. Water damage should always be closely inspected even if it appears to be minor, the resulting mould growth poses a major health hazard to everyone and mold removal may be required.
Mould needs certain conditions to grow as follows: moisture ( liquid water ) food ( typically starch or sugar ) temperature ( between 41 and 104 degrees ) and finally oxygen. The last 2 are primarily found in an indoor environment. As for the food source it’s readily available in the backing of drywall or even in the particles of water make the addition of moisture into the wall cavity something that requires immediate attention.
Water damage from winter storms is not the only way moisture in your home or business, a leaky faucet or pipe can result in the conditions for mould growth. Hidden behind drywall or panelling it can go undetected, if you suspect there may be mould in wall cavities it’s wise to have it checked. There are steps you can take to prevent mould growth listed below:
- Dry areas immediately, act quickly to clean and dry areas that are subject to water quickly ( within 48 hours ) will help prevent conditions for mould growth.
- Be aware of any warnings signs that you may have a mould problem, keep an eye out even in areas that have been cleaned and dried, be sensitive to musty odors.
- Inspect the perimeter of your home or building, a thorough visual check for accumulated ground water. Improper drainage creates a breeding ground for mould growth. Mould growth outdoors can spread to the interior if left unchecked. Take action to make sure drains away from the buildings foundation. Dry well drained ares eliminate any chance for mould to take hold.
- Remove damaged materials, materials that are wet and can’t be cleaned or dried should be removed from the building and replaced with new materials that will be more mould resistant. Insulation inside wall cavities often gets wet, even though it doesn’t contain the food source for mold growth the water that seeped into the area may contain the food source. Any wet insulation should be replaced with new materials along with drywall that will provide a food source for mould growth. When replacing drywall it may be a good idea to replace it with materials that contain mould or moisture inhibitors.
If you have experienced recent water damage In Victoria BC , why not call on the experience of Pro Pacific Hazmat for peace of mind. Mould growth presents a serious health hazard for yourself, your family and pets.